How Dangerous is the Mold in Your Bathroom?

Some molds are nothing to worry about and simple wipe away with a good cleaning. Yet others are more worrisome and even toxic. How dangerous is the mold in your bathroom and how would you even know?

Which Molds Are Safe?

If the mold wipes away from the surface easily, it may be nothing to worry about. Still, do your research and take proper precautions when going near mold or cleaning it up. Even if the mold itself isn’t dangerous, the fact that it’s growing could be a sign of something more serious, such as a water leak, burst pipes, and more. It’s always the safest to have a professional check it out for many reasons.

Black mold is most commonly known for being toxic. While there are only a few molds that produce toxins, the truth no one wants to hear is that even non-toxic molds can make you sick. Also, black mold isn’t the only toxic mold. Therefore, if you have any mold at all, it needs to be taken care of by a professional as soon as possible.

All molds have the potential to cause allergic reactions, asthma attacks, rashes, headaches, dizziness, and nausea. In some people, they can also cause severe lung infections. This is true even with the non-toxic variety. The implications are far worse with toxic variety molds. Even in healthy people with good immune systems, these toxins are strong enough to do harm.

Detecting Mold That Can’t Be Seen

Oftentimes, your bathroom can have mold you are unable to see. Because it is a fungus, it likes to grow in places that harbor moisture. This makes the bathroom area extremely vulnerable. Ever wonder wonder what that damp, musty smell is ? Chances are, if you smell anything like that, you have mold lurking somewhere. You now need to figure out where exactly it is. If it’s not visible, it’s best to call a contractor because it may require looking inside walls and other areas. It also may require a special process because the mold could be harmful.

When Should You Call a Professional?

Only a professional can properly assess the situation and determine exactly how dangerous your bathroom mold may be. Therefore, at any sign of mold, the proper contractor should be called to ensure your bathroom (and family) is safe. Mold can grow very quickly and most will not go away on their own. However, they will continue to grow and get worse. Therefore, the sooner you call someone out, the better.

Better Safe Than Sorry

Dangerous and toxic molds are nothing to mess with and should be dealt with right away. Every minute your family is exposed to these molds can be harmful. This is why it’s always best to have a professional contractor take a look right away. In a situation like this, you are better off being safe by doing so than dealing with potentially deadly issues later. Unless you’re a professional, you may not be able to properly distinguish between various types of molds and whether they are harmful or not.Tags:bathroom moldbathroom repairsbathroom safety

Dale

Looking to sell your home based business? Contact me!